What does ranch mean in a food? Yes most of us are familiar about Ranch a creamy salad dressing contains milk or buttermilk and mayonnaise. Apart from these ranch contains salt, garlic, onion, mustard, herbs and spices. And ranch dressing is very popular in America. And most of the people think why we call it ranch? Because ranch comes directly from ranch. Actually ranch was discovered by Steve Henson in Alaska, when Steve began whipping up the buttermilk for his crew and later brought to the ranch where almost all crew and guest loved that ranch and became popular with crew and guests. Most of the people used ranch for dressing salads and vegetables. But here we will discuss 10 best ranch recipes other than salad. So it’s my request please read this entire article without skipping and if you like this article please forward this to your friends and relatives. So let’s start.
Ranch with Meatloaf, burger and meatballs
Change your taste of meatloaf from ranch. When you ask most of the teenagers they will say I don’t like meatloaf, the reason they will say overwhelming ketchup flavor in most meatloaf recipe. But when you use ranch, I can bet you that the kids and teenagers will be happy to eat it in dinner and you can use the leftovers for the days ahead. So, let’s start how to prepare this dish.
Preparation time: – 10 minutes
Cook time: – 1 hour
Servings: – 6
3/4 pounds ground beef.
2 eggs lightly beaten
½ Cup dry bread crumbs (2-4 heels of sliced bread)
2 tablespoons Ranch
2 large spring of thyme for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Pulse dry bread in food processor to make fine crumbs and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients with your hands, but avoid excessive handling for moist meatloaf.
- Transfer the mixture in loaf pans and press it gently, rounding the top of each loaf.
- Place a spring of thyme on top of meatloaf.
- Bake until meatloaf is slightly browned on the top or you can bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degree.
- Remove from oven and let the meatloaf cool for about 15 minutes, then cut slices and serve.
A marinade is a medium use in the form of sauce for food which is usually done afterwards grilling and barbequing. A typical marinade is made up of three main ingredients. Acid like vinegar, Oil like Olive or Sesame and Flavouring agents like herbs and spices. And there are 16 types of marinade. Here we will discuss about Dairy Marinade or marinade from ranch. Many chefs and grilling experts swear by dairy marinade and it is said to be the best way to marinating meat and chicken. Ranch or dairy marinade contains calcium which activate enzymes of meat making meat tenderer.
The best chicken marinade recipe – Grilled Ranch Chicken
Preparation Time:- 5 minutes
Cooking Time:- 15 minutes
Marinate Time:- 1 Hour (But I will suggest marinate chicken overnight for best result)
1 cup BBQ Sauce
1 ounce ranch
1 envelope seasoning
3 pounds skinless chicken (Breast, Thighs, Legs)
- Pound chicken breast to allow for more even cooking
- In a medium bowl mix the seasoning with chicken broth.
- Place chicken with seasoning in a zipper bag, seal the zipper and marinate for one hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Remove the chicken from zipper and discard the marinade.
- Grill the chicken from each side for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from grill and stand cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Roasting provides food with a crispy exterior and a moist interior by bringing out the natural aromas of the ingredients. These ideas and recipes can help you master roasting. Earlier meats were cooked for roasting but now potatoes and other vegetables thus prepared by exposing to open fire or oven. Here we will discuss Slow Cooker Ranch Pot Roast. Slow cookers save the day when it comes to overnight cooking, and flavor packed slow cooker ranch pot roast proves it time and time again.
Slow Cooker Ranch Pot Roast
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes
Cooking Time:- 8 hours
4 pounds Beef Roast
1 cup low sodium chicken or beef stock
4 tablespoons ranch seasoning
1 ½ halved Potatoes
4 large Carrots and cut into 1 inch chunks
2 tablespoons fresh cut Parsley (For garnish)
- Set the beef on a plate sprinkle ranch seasoning and rub to cover the entire beef with the seasoning.
- Put the stock and beef to the pot and cook for 5 hours on low flame.
- Add potatoes and carrots close the lid and cook for another 3 hours, or unlit the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the meat from pot cut into ½ inch slice and served with potatoes and carrots.
If dressing is come in our mind it’s not hard to understand why ranch dressing is so popular. It’s creamy without being heavy and kicks of herbs and spices. Many people ask does ranch dressing have mayo. Then answer is Yes mayo plays a significant role. For lighter options you can choose yogurt, but yogurt won’t give the same texture and kick. Homemade ranch dressing is the best option.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
Preparation Time:- 15 Minutes
Cooking Time:- 0 minute
1 Cup Mayonnaise
½ Cup Sour Cream
½ Cup Buttermilk
1 envelope ranch seasoning
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced dill
Lemon juice for taste
- Take a medium bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Season to taste with lemon juice
- Refrigerate at least for 30 minutes before serving.
Consistency, flavors, ingredients there are many elements that go into a dip recipe. And if all these elements are rights, your dip will be crowd favorite in any parties. Whether it is last minute holiday party, kid’s party, game day party this delicious dip is anytime favorite and fits for any occasion. And everybody secretly love the dip recipe on the table more than anything. We all know a tasty and easy dip is game changer for any party, and a good and rocking party needs tasty dip. And there are 100s of easy dip recipe for any parties. Here we will share Ranch Onion dip.
Ranch Onion Dip
Preparation time:- 5 Minutes
Cooking Time:- 0 minute
1 16 ounce Sour Cream
1 ounce Ranch
1 teaspoon Onion powder
4 Sliced Green Onion
French fries or Potato Chips for dipping
- Take a middle bowl and add Sour Cream and Ranch and mix them well.
- Add onion powder and stir until well blend.
- Fold in the sliced green onion.
- Covered the bowl with cellophane and chill in refrigerator for one hour.
- Serve with French fries or Potato chips.
Have you heard about ranch Ice Cream? Yes I discover this ranch ice cream recipe from an old cooking book. Ranch ice cream with veggie on the top is full of taste made with ranch dressing and sprinkle of grated carrots and red peppers.
Ranch Ice Cream with Vegetable sprinkles.
Preparation time:- 25 minutes
Cooking time:- 3 hours
1 cup milk
1 cup full fat sour cream
¼ cup sugar
4 egg yolks
1 cup ranch dressing
¼ cup grated carrots
¼ cup grated red peppers
- Take a saucepan and mix milk, cream and sugar on medium heat for 7-10 minutes stirring frequently till all sugar dissolved.
- Whisk egg yolks in a bowl until blended. Add 1/3 of the milk mixture from saucepan in egg yolks.
- Cook rest of the milk for another 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour milk mixture through strainer in bowl. Stir in ranch dressing.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Pour the remaining milk of saucepan into container of ice cream.
- Served with sprinkle with grated carrots and red peppers
Coating & Breading
Your favorite salad dressing plays an important role in giving the crispy fried chicken more flavor. You can use ranch dressing mix to make tasty seasoned coating. Also add it to breadcrumbs to make delicious coating. Here we will know how to make Breaded Ranch Chicken Coating.
Breaded Ranch Chicken Coating
Preparation time:- 30 minutes
Cooking time:- 30 minutes
½ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cups ranch salad dressing
1 envelope dry ranch dressing
¾ cups bread crumbs
½ cup melted butter
2 lbs boneless chicken (you can take breast)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Place all-purpose flour in a bowl, in a second bowl mix eggs and 1/3 cups of ranch dressing and in a third bowl mix dry ranch dressing with bread crumbs.
- First coat chicken with flour then dip in egg and again coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Placed in greased baking dish and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Let the chicken cool for 10-15 minutes, then served with ranch salad dressing or dip.
As we know soup is a liquid food especially with meat, chicken, fish or vegetables stocks as a base sometime containing solid food like pieces or crumbled meats or vegetables. There are 100s varieties of soups around the world, but basically soups are divided into three categories. Thick soups and thin soups which is further divided into passed and unpassed soup then cold and international soup. If you will ask me I can say either it is Chicken soup or it is vegetable soup, creamy cheesy flavored with ranch seasoning is super addictive. And for me I can eat soup every day and I don’t have any problem. Here we will discuss the making of Crack Chicken Soup. And you know why they call it crack? Because it’s so addictive. No the reason for calling it crack chicken because “crack” refers to the combination of cream cheese, cheddar, bacon and ranch in a recipe.
Crack Chicken Soup
Preparation time:- 10 minutes
Cooking time:- 25 minutes
5-6 strips of bacon cutting into small pieces
1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
½ chopped onion
3-4 minced garlic cloves
2 tablespoon flour
2 cups uncooked pasta
8 ounces cream cheese
2 cups cooked chicken
2 cups spinach
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Cook bacon in a pot and strain it.
- In a saucepan cook the bacon on medium-high flame until crisp and leave the fat in saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion in saucepan and saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and flour and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix chicken broth and ranch seasoning in a bowl and whisk them.
- Take this mixture in a saucepan increase the heat to high and boil them.
- Once boiling stir in pasta and reduce the flame.
- Cover the saucepan for 10 minutes and stir occasionally so that past doesn’t stick at the bottom.
- Stir in the cream cheese, chicken and about ¾ of bacon for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and serve in a bowl with the topping of balance bacon.
As we know sauce is liquid cream served or use to prepare other foods as an ingredients. There six mother sauces in this world they are béchamel, veloute, espagnole, tomato, and hollandaise and mayonnaise i.e white sauce. Here we are talking about white sauce, and we will see how to make Habanero Ranch Sauce.
Habanero Ranch Sauce
Preparation time:- 5 minutes
Cooking time:- 2 minutes
1 cup ranch dressing
1 habanero seeds puree
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion power
Salt to taste.
- Take a medium bowl and mix garlic powder, onion powder, salt to taste, ranch dressing and half of the habanero puree.
- Taste the ranch sauce if you want more spicy mix rest of the habanero puree.
- Serve it.
First of all let me explain you the five components of casserole dishes. Ground meat, grain to hold it like rice, creamy filling, vegetables and cheesy top. And there are three things that is common in casseroles dishes are Method- baked in oven, Vessels – should be oven safe and dish type. There are lots of casserole dishes available, but here we will discuss preparation of dishes that involved ranch. And we will see how to make Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole.
Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole
Preparation time:- 10 minutes
Cooking time:- 1 hour
8 slices of bacon cut into small pieces
2 lbs skinless and boneless chicken
½ cup ranch dressing
1 teaspoon black peeper
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cup long grain rice
1 chopped onion
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 ½ cups chicken broth
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Cook pieces of bacon on high flame until crisp.
- Take a bowl and mix chopped chicken, ranch salad dressing, salt and black pepper.
- Add ranch chicken, bacon, onion, broccoli to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rice over it, pour chicken broth all over mix well and distribute evenly to the pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar and mozzarella cheese all over on the top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until the chicken and rice is cooked.
- Remove from oven and garnish with rest of the bacon and serve.
First of all thank you very much for reading the entire article. Here we discuss about Ranchology and different dishes that we can prepare from ranch other than salad. Hope you have enjoyed my article and definitely you will try to cook any one of the dish from this article. In another article again I will come up with another different recipes prepared from ranch, also I will come up with other food preparation which are very popular in America. Once again Thanks so much and support me so that I will write on other topics also. Once again THANK YOU…..And please visit for Web Stories on Ranchology…Thanks