Netherlands vs. Afghanistan: Clash of Surprises in 2023 World Cup


Netherlands vs. Afghanistan: Clash of Surprises in 2023 World Cup
Credit: Google

Get ready for an astounding match as the 2023 World Cup continues to surprise us all! The Netherlands and Afghanistan have left everyone in awe with their unexpected, yet remarkable performances. As the 34th game approaches, these two underdog teams will battle it out at the spectacular Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow. Don’t miss this thrilling encounter as both teams defy the odds!

Netherlands’ Remarkable Comeback

Captain Scott Edwards and his Dutch squad have garnered attention with their exceptional play. They’re heading into this match fresh off a persuasive win against Bangladesh. Ranked eighth on the points table, the Netherlands has displayed its strength by conquering South Africa and Sri Lanka – proving they’re not to be underestimated.

Afghanistan’s Impressive Reign

Meanwhile, Hashmatullah Shahidi’s Afghanistan team is taking the tournament by storm. With victories over cricketing powerhouses like England, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka, Afghanistan is entering this face-off as clear favorites. Despite initial losses to Bangladesh and India, they’ve bounced back with three wins out of their last four games.

Netherlands vs. Afghanistan Winning Probability

Our analysis suggests that Afghanistan has a 76% chance of emerging victorious, while the Netherlands stands at 24%.

Netherlands and Afghanistan Player Lists

Netherlands vs. Afghanistan: Clash of Surprises in 2023 World Cup
Credit: Google

Here are the predicted playing XIs for both teams:


  • Scott Edwards (c)
  • Max O’Dowd
  • Wesley Barresi
  • Bas de Leede
  • Vikram Singh
  • Teja Nidamanuru
  • Saqib Zulfiqar
  • Logan van Beek
  • Ryan Klein
  • Roelof van der Merwe
  • Aryan Dutt


  • Hashmatullah Shahidi (c)
  • Rahmanullah Gurbaz
  • Ibrahim Zadran
  • Rahmat Shah
  • Najibullah Zadran
  • Mohammad Nabi
  • Riaz Hassan
  • Rashid Khan
  • Naveen ul Haq
  • Mujeeb ur Rahman
  • Fazalhaq Farooqi

Head-to-Head Record

Afghanistan has historically dominated the Netherlands, boasting a convincing 7-2 win-loss record in their previous ODI meetings. Their most recent clash in 2022 saw Afghanistan sweep the series 3-0.

Betting Forecast

It is predicted that Afghanistan will have a stronger opening partnership than the Netherlands in this clash. Even though both teams have exhibited batting vulnerabilities, Afghanistan’s openers have been consistently providing solid starts.

The Weather Outlook

No major weather interruptions are expected, with just a 10% chance of disruption. The temperature is likely to vary between a high of 32°C and a low of 18°C.

Pitch Insights at Lucknow’s Ekana Stadium

The Ekana Stadium pitch tends to produce low-scoring matches and gives an edge to spinners and slower bowlers. Interestingly, batting first or chasing has seen equal success here, but be mindful of the evening dew swaying fortunes during the second half.

How to Watch

Don’t miss a minute of the thrilling action! Tune into ESPN Plus online and Willow TV in the US, with Willow TV also accessible in Canada. The match kicks off at 4:30am ET / 1:30am PT .

WillowTV is your go-to destination for all things cricket in the United States, and it’s your home for the entire ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, broadcasting all 48 thrilling games. Additionally, you can enjoy in-depth analysis and highlights of the Cricket World Cup through Willow Xtra.

However, there’s a catch when it comes to accessing Willow TV. It is currently available exclusively through selected TV service providers, primarily cable services, with the exception of Sling TV. If you’re looking for an affordable and flexible subscription to access Willow TV, Sling TV is your best bet on the market.


The stage is set for a breathtaking showdown between the Netherlands and Afghanistan in the 2023 World Cup! Join us as these two remarkable teams defy expectations and showcase their prowess in this must-see match. Pay attention to Afghanistan’s impressive opening partnership and potential weather twists. Be ready for an unforgettable match that exemplifies cricket’s ability to turn underdogs into true champions!

Dear Friends thanks a lot for reading this article and if you like this then please share this with your freinds and relatives. Friends if you want to read an article on “CWC 2023: India Takes on Sri Lanka in a Battle of Titans at Wankhede Stadium” please click here. Friends once again thank you very much for supporting this space. THANK YOU….

Leave a Comment